The collaborative master planning “Land to Lakes” initiative has released summaries of the information collected in township visioning focus groups that were held during the month of June.
A make-up session for Pleasanton, Bear Lake township and the Village of Bear Lake will be held at 6:00 p.m. on August 16, 2012 at Bear Lake School in Bear Lake.
Here are the township-by-township summaries of the participants’ answers to the following questions:
1. What one word would you use to describe your community?
2. What has your community done well?
3. What could your community have done better?
4. What are the barriers to achieving our community goals?
5. Who should be in the sandbox? (i.e., who/what should participate in the planning process?)
6. What are the three most important goals for the community’s future?
7. How can these goals be accomplished?
Finally the goals in question 6 were prioritized by all participants in the session.